Black Lives Matter: Resources for Parents and Caregivers
We stand with the Black community and are committed to taking action during this historic moment. We have put together a list of resources for parents and caregivers, as well as places our team has chosen to donate.
- Coretta Scott King Book Award Winners: books for children and young adults
- 31 Children's books to support conversations on race, racism and resistance
- Parenting Forward podcast episode ‘Five Pandemic Parenting Lessons with Cindy Wang Brandt’
- Fare of the Free Child podcast
- Integrated Schools podcast episode “Raising White Kids with Jennifer Harvey”
- 10 Ways To Be An Anti-Racist Parent, Starting Right Now
- PBS’s Teaching Your Child About Black History Month
- Your Kids Aren't Too Young to Talk About Race: Resource Roundup from Pretty Good
- 7 Things to Do When Your Kid Points Out Someone’s Differences, by Rachel Garlinghouse.
- Talking With Children About Racism, Police Brutality and Protests, by Laura Markham.
- 6 Things White Parents Can Do to Raise Racially Conscious Children, by Bree Ervin.
- The Conscious Kid: follow them on Instagram and consider signing up for their Patreon